Q: Q: Possible broken axle

I was driving up an on ramp accelerating when I heard a loud pop from underneath the front of the car. At that moment the car lost all acceleration and I quickly pulled over to the side. The engine was still running but the car wouldn't move forward or in reverse. I had the car towed home and after being lowered off the car carrier the vehicle was placed in park. The driver of the flatbed then pushed on the car and it continued to roll after being placed in park. The engine would still turn on initially but within an hour the battery was completely dead.

I think you are dead on about the axle. What has probably happened is that the CV joint has separated. The CV joint is a ball and groove affair that allows the power to be transmitted through the shaft while the wheels are being steered. When they fail, the balls get out of the sockets and the axle joint can spin freely. No forward, no backward, and no park. I can’t speculate about what happened with the battery, but I can say that often when someone is going through the stress of a highway breakdown, they sometimes forget to turn things off or close the doors all the way and the battery goes flat, so it may just need a recharge. You can have that axle repaired by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your axle right there on the spot. You can ask them about that battery too.

3. Q: Possible broken axle