Q: Positive battery cable is corroded at junction point. Does the entire cable need to be replaced?

Dealer is stating there is corrosion on the battery cable at junction point. They want to replace cable from battery to junction point, and from junction point to jump start terminal.

Hello, Depending on how severe the corrosion is and whether the corrosion has caused any damage to the cable itself, it may or may not need to be replaced. Corrosion can cause very minor damage and can be easily removed with the right chemicals if it is detected early enough, however over a period of time, if this goes unnoticed, this can lead to further damage to connections on the cable resulting in faulty battery cable connections. I would suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to provide a second opinion.

• Positive battery cable is corroded at junction point. Does the entire cable need to be replaced?