Q: Popping noise from the rear

My crown victoria previously squeaked sounded like a bird chirping from the rear and now It's a popping and grinding like sound that sounds like something is stuck in the rear and rattling when I go faster it makes a screeching sound and go back to popping and rattling it's loud can hear it with the windows down no suggustions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several different components that are related to the suspension and wheel hubs. We need to determine if this is something that is related to wheel speed, or if it is pertaining to the suspension. Try to replicate the noises with the vehicle sitting still. Push on the vehicle back and forth. Bounce the vehicle and check for excess bounce. If you are able to raise the vehicle up off of the ground, you may be able to perform several other tests to the tie rods, control arms, bushings, and axles. All of these components and more are capable of causing your symptoms. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Popping noise from the rear