Q: Poor shifting the first few minutes every time

I have a 2004 Acura TL with 89k . I have poor shifting for the first 5 minutes or so . Hard shifting from 1st to 2nd gear whixh stays at 1st gear a while . I had my transmission oil changed at 55k then recently at 87k by the dealer . The level seems good.i recently had my two front wheel speed sensor changed ( extra info ) My mechanic Snapon scanner didn't pick up any error. My Innova scanner one day pick up a P0746 code clutch pressure code . For the past week it never came back on , just that one time . I open my shifting solenoid to clean the filters and it was clean .

If the transmission is only acting up when you first start up and until the transmission warms up a little is going to be the seals and Teflon rings inside the transmission are leaking fluid pressure most likely. The leaking fluid pressures by the seals and Teflon rings are due to the seals harden over time and cannot seal out the pressures as good as when new and the Teflon get worn over time. You may be able to put in a transmission seal conditioner that may help the condition or you would need to have the transmission overhauled.

3. Poor shifting the first few minutes every time