Q: Pong sounds coming from the front end

The front of my car has been making a pong sound. If I drive over a bumpy road, it becomes more noticeable. I went to the dealer and he said it was caused by the front differential. After he had it replaced, the sound could still be heard. I had the bearing on the front left wheel replaced but the sound is still there. I replaced the wheels and tires replaced as well with new BMW 5-series ones. This didn't solve the problem either. Do you have any suggestions what else I might do?

A: Hello. The issue you are describing could b...

Hello. The issue you are describing could be the sound of a worn strut, worn strut mount, or noisy axle. There is also a possibility that the sway bar end links are causing the noise. I suggest that you have the vehicle evaluated by a technician, like one from YourMechanic, whom will be able to diagnose the noise and perform any needed repairs.