Q: PO412 code on a 2002 4-cylinder Camry

2002 Camry 4-cylinder. PO412 code. People say there are two catalytic converters on this car and that's the upper one. Under the hood problem caused the code---is that right?

Unfortunately, on this model, it often is. The catalytic converters are built into the exhaust manifold. They cost a whole lot of money at a Toyota dealer but you can get good aftermarket ones from good companies like Walter. There are very good, guaranteed catalytic converter exhaust manifold units out there, and you can buy them a lot cheaper than when buying a dealer unit. If you need help, I would have a professional scan your vehicle for codes and data so that they can diagnose the issue and replace your catalytic converter if needed.

3. PO412 code on a 2002 4-cylinder Camry