Q: Plug off oil line ?

I have a isuzu I mark diesel engine. I took it out of a 1981 car. I want to use the engine out of the car. There is a oil line going from the block to the alternator. Can I plug this line off at the block ? And use the engine like that ?

A: I would suggest hooking everything up the w...

I would suggest hooking everything up the way it was intended from the factory, to ensure proper operation. If you're not planning on using the alternator that was designed for that motor, then I would suggest looping the oil passages by putting a line between the outlet and the inlet on the block. Completely blocking off oil passages could cause another part of the motor to become starved for oil, which would lead to failure. Looping the inlet and outlet ports would allow the oil to continue flowing as it should, just bypassing the alternator. Any modifications from the factory setup could create reliability problems though, so take this advice with a grain of salt.