Q: Plug in my tire

I went to the dealership and they told me I had a nail in my tire. They said that they could remove it and put a plug in place. However, once i picked up my car, the tires ave a popping sound with this new plug in place, which makes me very uncomfortable driving with the tire not being the same. Should I get a patch or replace the tire with the tire that comes with the car in the trunk. I want my car to go back to normal again. and for it to drive like it did before.

Hi there. Many places feel that a tire plug is an acceptable repair. However, the plug that is installed can put undue pressure against the internal belts of the tire. Plugs generally are for emergency use until a proper patch can be installed. A patch with filler is usually installed during a proper tire repair to avert any future tire failures due to the repair. I suggest either have a patch installed in place of the plug or replace the tire; if you have a full size spare then swap the spare and the plugged tire. Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not offer tire patch services. However, Your Mechanic has a team of fully qualified technicians readily available to come to you to provide many of the services and repairs you may need; all with a smile, of course!