Q: Plug broken. Safe for replacement? Pins are different

I have a sony vaio laptop but the plug in it has broke. The original plug was a 5amp fuse ss145/a. And was 250w 2.5v. The replacement plug I found was also 250w 2.5v and a 5amp fuse ss145/a. The plugs are exactly the same but just different branded and the top pin is metal like the other pins on the replacement plug unlike the original broken charger where the top pin is just black. I just wanted to know if this is safe to plug into my laptop. I plugged it in and it works but in the long run is it safe?

Although, I am not an electronics expert by any means, there are some basic electricity concepts that should apply in this case. First we need to identify what the ratings on the plug pertain to:

Amp - an ampere is the unit for measuring electricity. The accepted standard unit used for measuring how fast an electric current flows.

Volts - Electrical pressure is measured in Volts. How difficult it is to move electrons through a circuit is called resistance. Electrical resistance is measured in Ohms.

Watt – the basic unit of electric, mechanical, or thermal power in the SI and MKS systems, equal to one joule per second or 10 ergs per second (of a horsepower): for electric power it is equal to one volt-ampere.

Electricity is the flow of electrons through a conductor like a wire. The rate at which electricity flows is measured as an electric current. The electric current is measured in amps. What makes the current flow? In your case, the power cord (2.5v) is what creates the pressure to push the current through the power cord. The pressure is the voltage. If the pins on the plug are the same, this plug should work. The only question is the black pin on the top which may be purposely insulated for some reason. This may be worth looking into in case there is a necessity for this based upon the Sony Vaio manufacturer specs. Outside of the black insulated pin, everything else should work just the same. I would suggest looking into the insulated black pin however, before using this cord long term as it may protect against things like the cord overheating when charging, etc.

3. Plug broken. Safe for replacement? Pins are different