Q: Turbocharger

Please help me , I have an Integra Gs 91 & In love with it & well , Im not sure if I wanna add a Turbo to it because I need to know if it'll be good for it or not but I need professional help ! Pleasee ..🤔🙈😩

Hi There, Adding a turbo to any engine is a very serious performance modification that generally requires additional modifications to the motor to handle the additional power that the turbo will provide. Some things to consider are the following:

-Does the current ECU have the ability to handle turbo boosting (i.e. timing advance, etc.)? -Do you have the proper size fuel injectors t handle the additional fuel requirements needed for a turbo? -Additional fuel octane requirements needed for the use of a turbo (generally higher octane fuel is required). -Do you have the proper knock sensor components installed? -Available space for the turbo components under the hood? -Do you have the proper compression ratio for the use of a turbo (compression should be around 8.5:1 or lower to handle the additional boost of a turbo).

You may also need some additional components to handle the use of a turbo such as the following:

-Intercooler (this will help to keep intake manifold temperatures cooler as the use of the turbo will raise the intake temperature considerably due to the increased speed of the air/fuel charge entering the motor). -Larger capacity radiator to help with increased engine temperatures. -Larger exhaust consistent with the size of the exit/exhaust port on the turbine. -Depending on the ability of the current fuel pump, you may also need a fuel pressure regulator that will help to linearly increase fuel pressure as the demands of the turbo require. -Depending on the amount of boost the turbo will be producing, you may want to have the internals of the motor (i.e. crankshaft, rods, pistons, etc.) replaced with forged components to handle the additional stress that a turbo will produce on these components. -Ported an polished cylinder head(s) to handle the increased fuel flow which will increase power. -A slightly more mild camshaft which will help to reduce valve overlap.

The above considerations are some of the alterations to your motor that you may want to contemplate prior to installing a turbo. As with any performance modification, these should all be analyzed on a case by case basis and these are by no means to be considered a list of all inclusive components or modifications needed to properly install and tune a turbo motor. I would suggest checking with your local performance shop to have your car inspected prior to installing a turbocharger for the best results.

3. Turbocharger