Q: Plastic parts coming off

The Plastic panel under my Hyundai Azera driver’s seat came off. The plastic part under my front bumper came off a few months ago, too. Do I need to have these parts on my car? What would happen if they are not replaced? How expensive would it be to replace them? Thank you.

A: Hello! The plastic piece that came off from...

Hello! The plastic piece that came off from under your front bumper that you are referring to is known as the splash guard. It was put in place to help deflect dirt and other flying materials from reaching the underside of a vehicle. It is pretty easy to replace (20 minute job) and should be less than $50 in parts.

The guard under the seat is used primarily for cosmetic reasons. The one that should be replaced if anything would be the splash guard that was under the front bumper. As the guard has been missing there may be foreign materials under the vehicle which could possibly cause damage. I’d suggest that you have a qualified technician evaluate the underside of the vehicle for damage and foreign materials.