Q: Permanently stuck in 4th gear after a flood.

carpark at work flooded, water filled almost up to the centreconsole, about 10-15cm short of that height, now when putting it into gear, is like its stuck in 4th gear, definitely not changing gears, but, reverse is fine, and power steering feels a bit stiff now too, but, the gears not shifting is the main concern, any ideas? im panicing badly, please help

Check the transmission shifter switch / sensor on the shifter of the transmission. It is possible that the shifter has been shorted out due to the water in the car. Check the transmission fluid to make sure that it is not contaminated with water. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.