Q: Performing an oil change service on my 2010 Toyota Prius

What is the best way to do servicing of Toyota Prius 2010? I have watched several videos it say i need to do reset after changing the oil filter and Oil. Please advise the best way so that i can maintain the vehicle well in future.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The best recommendations for changing the oil and recording the data is to make a chart and keep it in the glove box. If you are using regular engine oil, then you will want to change the engine oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. If you are using a synthetic oil, then you can go up to 5 months or 5,000 miles. When the mileage or time comes to change the oil, make sure that you note that you have changed the oil and put the chart back in the glove box.

If you need a further reminder, then put the reminder dates in your phone or tablet and have a notification go off. If you need further assistance in changing the engine oil, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the oil change.