Q: Q: passlock problem

i have done the relearn process and it worked and my truck cranks and will continue to crank for an hour or so then you must do the relearn process again what could be the issue?

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. If you are referring to the key to the vehicle then check to see if the key you have is the right key for your vehicle. If you have the right key, then do the process again to relearn the key again, but this time put the key in the driver door and lock and unlock the door 3 times. That will make the key work and get the proper command to the computer. If you are referring to the computer being relearned, the best thing to do is remove both battery cables and operate everything in the vehicle. Then hook up the battery cables and then go through the relearn process. What this does is drain out all of the power to all circuits that could keep the computer live and make the computer relearn properly. If for some reason the computer will not relearn, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with the relearn process with a OBD 2 computer scanner and programmer.

3. Q: passlock problem