Q: passlock

My 2003 s10 is having problems with the passlock system. The windshield wipers quit briefly, then I'll drive somewhere, then go to leave, and it starts but dies. Turn the key again, and it just turns over. Take the key out, put it back in, and it starts then dies.The security light stays on a considerable amount of time (hours) then goes off and the truck works properly for awhile. I can NOT find anyone that has a clue, despite their being "professionals". As far as I can discern, it's either replace it, bypass it, or reprogram the computer to take it off entirely. I live near Chattanooga. Any recommended shops, or should i go to a dealership? I need the best, cheapest option. Please help! It's my only vehicle, and I'm starting to lose it.

Thank you

Hello. This is a common issue on this vehicle. It may be caused by an ignition switch, but most of the time when you get the issues you are describing it is because of the body control module. I typically recommend installing a bypass kit. There are a lot of them available online.