Q: passenger tail light out

My passenger tail light doesn't work, but my brake lights and turn signals do work. I've put in new bulbs, switched out the bulb on the drivers side and nothing works. I've checked the wire on the tail light and there is no power to the tail bulb. What could be wrong?

A: Hi there. If there is no power to only that...

Hi there. If there is no power to only that wire, then most of the time the short is in the wiring to the trailer wiring or in the rear junction block. Both of these are common areas to have broken wires. I usually use a scan tool to trace the wire until I find out where it lost voltage. It is possible that it lost it at the switch but that is not as common. If you want to have it diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your tail lights and make the right repairs.