Q: Passenger side brake light is not working - 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle

The passenger side brake light quit working. I bought a new bulb and took apart the light to change it, and I discovered it wasn’t the right bulb. But now the driver’s side brake light isn’t working either, and I didn’t even touch it. Why would my driver’s side brake light quit working when I took apart the passenger side brake light? Do you have any ideas? How can I fix this?

A: It may just be chance that the other light ...

It may just be chance that the other light quit working as well. Replace ALL of the brake light bulbs at the same time with the right bulbs and if they still do not work, suspect a problem in the circuit. Have a trained professional inspect the vehicle's brake lighting circuit for any faults like a blown fuses or a malfunctioning switch. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the brake lights and perform appropriate repairs.