Q: Passenger's side rear window doesn't work on a 2001 Old Aurora

I have a 2001 Old Aurora. On the passenger's side, rear window won't go up or down and I'm hearing a bunch of noises inside of the panel. Any ideas?

A: You hear the noise, that generally means th...

You hear the noise, that generally means that the motor is still good. So, you probably need a window regulator assembly. Take it apart. I've got a video "how to repair a broken power window" so watch that. They are all pretty much the same. If you take it all apart and see the motor works fine, take the motor off, buy a new regulator, put that on the regulator and the way you go.

But, realize that a lot of times, you can get a window regulator assembly at an aftermarket, made in China, for cheaper than you can buy just the regulator from GM. So, if that's the case, buy a whole assembly and replace the whole window regulator assembly. That's what I often do on them when they break, because those are all new parts and you don't have to worry about them breaking.