Q: Electrical problems

I have a Honda accord 2006 EX. My problem is with the passenger and rear windows. I can roll them up and down even when the car is off (not just 10 min after but all the time). This only happens with the passenger and both rear windows and not the driver window (If I leave the car for few days without starting it the battery would die). Which indicates a problem that I am nor sure of. I have checked the specific fuses and they all looked fine. I have heard that it could be the master switch module but I am not sure on how to test it. I do have the same issue when the master switch plugged or unplugged. The other issue is with the rear defroster. I believe that it is working but its very slow. I checked the glass and there isn't any cracks at all. I hope my question make sense. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing electrical issues, likely more than one. If the battery dies when you don’t drive the vehicle for a few days then that could be a sign that there is an issue with the battery, or that something may be draining it slowly. A worn or bad battery may not be able to properly hold a charge which can cause it to lose it’s charge rapidly, going dead if the vehicle is not recharged constantly by driving the vehicle. A load test may be able to determine if the battery is in suitable condition or not. If the battery is new or good then it may be possible that it is being drained, perhaps by an electrical short or malfunction somewhere on the vehicle. In regards to your malfunctioning windows, it may be possible that they are getting power somehow, perhaps due to a fault with the control module or some sort of short. This issue could potentially be the reason why the battery is being drained. If your rear defroster is working, but slowly, then it may be possible that the connectors are dirty or that there is an issue with the circuit. I would check the connectors that go to the glass to make sure that they are not corroded and that proper contact is being made. If the connectors look good then I would carefully inspect the heater lines in the window to see if any of them may be damaged or worn out. As it appears that your vehicle is experiencing more than one electrical issue, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your electrical malfunctions.

3. Electrical problems