Q: Part identification

My Jeep started over heating. One of the hoses from the engine goes to this valve . But the valve broke ....what's the valve

A: From what you've described, the only th...

From what you've described, the only thing I can think of is the heater control valve. Sometimes people will put in a flush fitting inline of the hose. If what you're talking about it the heater control valve it will have a vacuum line connected to it.

If you need to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can pinpoint your broken hose in person and replace your heater control valve is necessary. Best of luck.