Q: Parking brake loose - 1993 Chevrolet C2500 Suburban

I'm having a problem with the parking brake in my car. I failed the emissions test due to it being too loose. Is there any way I could fix it, and make it tighter?

A: Hello. Over time, the parking brake cable c...

Hello. Over time, the parking brake cable can become loose. I usually start by adjusting the rear brakes because the rear drum brakes being loose will affect the operation of the parking brake. If the rear brakes are adjusted, then I check the cables and adjust them. If there is still looseness, then that means that the cables will need to be replaced. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the brake system and have this corrected.