Q: Pad replacement for 2008 cayman all 4 pads only. Roters look great

What is the estimate for pads only replacement, roters are good.

Hi....pad costs depend on whether your vehicle was equipped with ceramic pads or non-ceramic pads. Different rotors were used for each of these options and so the correct pad material must be used. Also, there is a difference in cost between dealer (OEM) pads and the aftermarket. OEM (dealer supplied) pads are highly recommended for the best results. If you would please request pad replacement via this link and indicate your preferences a quote will be generated. As far as rotors, if thickness variation on a rotor exceeds .001 inches and/or rotor runout, as installed on the axle hub, exceeds .002 inches, your results will be less than optimal. That is, you substantially increase the risk of pedal pulsation and vibration if you attempt to re-use old rotors with new pads without re-surfacing the rotors. It takes only a couple thousandths of an inch of thickness variation on a rotor, that is well less than one-half the thickness of a human hair, to produce detectable vibration on braking. The general rule is rotors must be re-surfaced and trued. That is why so many complaints are generated after brake work is done at shops; shops cut corners while charging full fare and one of the ways they cut corners is to just throw pads on a vehicle, without re-surfacing or replacing the rotors, when the Factory Service Manual always states plainly: turn the rotors or replace the rotors. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Pad replacement for 2008 cayman all 4 pads only. Roters look great