Q: Q: p0340

Car will turn over but not start. Have changed the cps and the crank sensor but it's still pulling up the code and not starting what do I do

• Check the plug and wiring leading to the cam position sensor. Make sure all the wires/pins are properly locked in place. Also look for any oil leaking onto the harness and connectors.
  • Check for voltage continuity for the cam position sensor. CMP (Cam Position) sensor terminal A and PCM (ECU) terminal 85 CMP sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 86.
  • Check the wiring to the crank position sensor as well.

If this doesn’t get you running, have a certified technician look into why the vehicle will not start. If the wiring is good, a faulty pcm is a possibility.