Q: overheating problems

I have had overheating problems shortly after i bought my 2001 pontiac sunand had to replace the head, water pump and thermostat. It ran fine after that for awhile and then it overheated on me twice randomly. The coolant wasn't completely gone but after i topped it off it drove fine. My dad put stop leak in it and then i couldn't drive it but a few miles without it overheating. We replace thw thermostat and flushed water through the radiator hose. We did that and it fixed it for a week or so. I had to put 3 things of coolant in it since we flushed it no more than 2 weeks ago. Then it start3d running hotter, around 220 degrees but not overheating. Its burned through coolant but as long as its full it runs without overheating but i have to stop and fill it up with coolant so often i started putting water in it cause the cost. I filled it with water twice and checked the levels after i drove it to see how much water was used and now theres coolant in the resevoir!! What is going on?

You most likely have a blown head gasket from the head being warped again from overheating. When you put in the stop leak it clogged up the passages in the radiator and engine, which made things worse. The reason it may have overheated is that the cooling fan motor did not come on when it should have.

This can mean that either the fan motor or relay to turn it on is bad. Since you’ve overheated it, and are using coolant through the engine, it is going to come out of the exhaust or in the engine oil. The head will have to come off again to see if it is warped and cracked. I’d recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose your overheating issue to make an accurate fix.