Q: Overheating issues

I have a Buick Terraza CXL 2005 AWD. And i have been experiencing some difficulty. When i am driving my car seems to overheat when I am at stop as i see the temperature gauge goes up, but when it sometimes goes up. I been really worry as i already took it to a mechanic and they said they already fix the issue and they see that the heat temperature is normal and that the fan isn't broken. So what could it be.

A: Hi there: It’s is common to see the temper...

Hi there:

It’s is common to see the temperature gauge rise slightly when you come to a stop; especially if the thermostat has not fully opened due to the lower temperature. However, if it rises into the "red" of your gauge, this shouldn’t occur. The best thing to do to be on the safe side is to contact one of our professional mechanics to complete an engine is overheating inspection first; before you return to the other mechanic. This is a simple inspection that will determine if a problem exists. If there are issues, the mechanic will tell you what they are and recommend the correct repairs be made. This service can save you time, money and offer you peace of mind knowing the right repairs have been made.