Q: Overheating car test

Okay so today I did a test on my cooling system and I couldn't evendors get it up to 7 psi and it would almost immediately loose pressure a friend told me to remove the air cleaner and listen in the intake for for a leak or a slushing sound and I couldn't hear anything and then I listen next to the head and I could swear I heard little dripping in the cylinder I did a compression test and all of the cylinders where about 130 to 135 and the 3 cylinder on the front head would only get to 120 -125 and the first cylinder was 120 at first to and I did the test again at it was 130 any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Leave all the spark plugs removed and disable the ignition and fuel pump. Fill the radiator and pressurize the system to 15 psi if you can and see if the system leaks down. Do this for a minute to push the coolant into the cylinder. Make sure you do not see leaks at the intake manifold corners and open throttle plates and look in the intake to see if you see coolant. Have someone turn over the engine and look for one or more of the cylinders spraying out coolant from the spark plug hole.

If you would like to have this all checked for you instead, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating problem and let you know what should be done.