Q: Overheating 1993 Ford Mustang

Hello my car is still overheating we check the thermostat hoses radiator. I recently had my catalytic converter replaced I've noticed the day after installation my car started flooding it's never done that before. Now it's starting to overheat could this be the reason thank you

Hi - no, replacing the catalytic converter will not, of itself, cause engine overheating. Conversely, a clogged catalytic converter is a great fire risk, because it will itself get quite hot. Your overheating problem is possibly due to a clogged radiator, or weak water pump - both combine to keep the cooling system from removing engine heat from the vehicle. I recommend a overheating inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Overheating 1993 Ford Mustang