Q: Q: Overheating

This morning I went to drive my car home from work and the car started to overheat and it was blowing ice cold air into the car. I went to put more antifreeze in it and it just got backed up and poured right back out of the reservoir. What caused this? Is it due to the thermostat may be stuck shut?

You may have a stuck thermostat if it is overheating. If the system was low on coolant from a leak then the water pump or head leaks are common. If system runs normal after cooled and topped off with coolant then the thermostat is not stuck closed and system leaks are the more likely cause of the overheat. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic pressure test the system for coolant leaks. You may have head gaskets leaking at the corner of the intake.

3. Q: Overheating