Q: Overheating

So today i went for a drive, the usual startup, feeling the kick, sounds like its about to give out and then little vibrations, then i press the gas, & theres the startup. So i start to drive, and everything is smooth and yes, the a/c is on, i see the gauge go half, so im still driving..... Then it hits the red line. BUT, i dont see any smoke, doesnt look like any leakage , radiator cap is good, but i dont have any coolant, know that might be the factor , but wait, theres more; so the car overheats, i pull to the side then i turn off the car, i wait it off a bit...... I try to turn it on, but i get nothing, i turnex the ignition again, & i hear this clicking sound, dead battery maybe? So i get a jump start,& bam! its on, im driving back home, & i start to notice that its red again, (overheating) , no smoke, at this point the drive feels smooth, at a stop light, car felt like it was about to die. Car feels like that at times of overheat. Then i make it home safetly.

You should have a mechanic check the cooling system for a stuck thermostat or fans not working. If you are loosing coolant then a pressure test will show where it is going. You may have a blown head gasket or a warped head that needs repair.

Only a diagnostic check can locate the problem for you. This check will reveal whether or not the engine was damaged as well. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come to you to perform these checks and further diagnose your overheating issue.