Q: Overheating and leaking from around the heater core

My Pathfinder is overheating. Its is leaking from the back by the heater core, but I cannot tell from where exactly.

If your engine is leaking coolant, this is the reason for the overheating. The cooing system requires a specific level of fluid in order to function properly. If the fluid is leaking by the firewall near the heater core, the heater core may have a crack in one of the tubes that the hoses connect to or the hoses themselves could be leaking. I would recommend having a professional perform a cooling system pressure test on your vehicle to determine where the leak is coming from. Once this has been found, repair the problem as soon as possible to prevent engine damage due to overheating.