Q: Overheating - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Vehicle is over heating

A: Hi there. There are a variety of things tha...

Hi there. There are a variety of things that could cause this. I would check the following:

1. Cooling fan relays - these tell the cooling fans when to turn on depending on the temperature of the motor.
  2. Thermostat - This regulates the flow of coolant in and out of the engine to and from the radiator.
  3. Coolant temperature sensor - this is the sensor that relays the temperature of the coolant.
  4. Check to be sure the radiator is not clogged or backed up with blockage in any of the passages.

If you would like to have this looked at for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can comes to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating problem.