Q: overheated twice and stalled. Changed thermostat now is fine. Now is stalling at low speeds. Any ideas?

Chrysler Sebring 05 overheated twice and stalled. Changed thermostat now is fine. Now is stalling at low speeds. Any ideas?

Hi there. Typically engine overheating and issues you are describing are caused by damage that may have occurred during the overheating period. For example, if the engine cylinder heads got too hot, it’s possible that the head gasket may have warped, causing coolant to leak into the engine and cause performance problems. It’s also common for excessive heat to damage electrical harnesses and critical engine sensors or components that monitor and control the fuel and ignition system. The best way to resolve this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car starts then dies inspection.

3. overheated twice and stalled. Changed thermostat now is fine. Now is stalling at low speeds. Any ideas?