Q: Overheated engine, AC blew warm, temperature gauge over H

My car has some issues with overheating. The air conditioning actually blew warm air the other day. The temperature gauge went into the red zone. I had to stop the car. The engine was overheated terribly and turned off. After a while, it cooled down so I continued driving for half a mile so that I could park it at home. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Hello. An overheating problem can come from a number of different failures. Before you get too far into it, I would start by doing a block test. A block test will indicate if the engine got hot enough to cause any serious engine damage, such as a head gasket failing.

This usually occurs if it gets too hot. If the test comes out fine, then the thermostat may have failed or there may be a leak in the cooling system. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your engine’s overheating issue.

3. Overheated engine, AC blew warm, temperature gauge over H