Q: Overdrive light blinking and doesn't shift right unless it is warmed up

I have to accelerate to 3000 rpms before it will shift into gear but once it warms up it shifts without problem

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Usually when the...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Usually when the overdrive light is flashing, this means that the electronic overdrive will not work. I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a qualified professional to determine if the overdrive issue is electronic or mechanical. If the issue is electronic, it will likely be a minor repair and could be fixed fairly easily. If the issue is mechanical, the transmission may need to be overhauled unfortunately.