Q: Overdrive and reverse is out. There is also a grinding noise and trouble codes P1289 and P0340.

I've been hearing a grinding sound under the hood on the driver side. I would hear it more the faster I was going usually around 50-60 mph. Now my overdrive and reverse is out. I can drive it kinda ok with overdrive off. Also it seems like it's not wanting to shift into 1st or 2nd. I checked the computer and got the codes P1289 and P0340. I need to know how to make my car run properly again.

3. Overdrive and reverse is out. There is also a grinding noise and trouble codes P1289 and P0340.