Q: Q: Over heating problems

I need to know what wrong with my car it keeps overheating? I replaced the thermostat it still overheats i took it to a mechanic shop and they put it on the machine saying its the radiator leaking and thermostat i just replaced the radiator its still gettin hot im getting frustrated with this car. What could be the problem?

If you replaced the radiator and thermostat, and the engine keeps getting hot, then you may have a few things going on. You may have a water pump that has worn off the fins and is not circulating the water well enough or you blew a head gasket from all of the overheating.

Remove the water pump and check the fins of the pump. If they are gone then you’ve found the problem, if not then your head gaskets are blown. I have seen heads and intakes leak bad on these motors from corroded metal in the corners of the intake area. Look for signs of leaks there when the system is pressurized. If you need help, contact a certified mechanic to who can come and test the system for you to properly diagnose your overheating issue.

3. Q: Over heating problems