Q: Over heating issue

My car over heated for first time yesterday. There is no water leaking from the water pump, the coolant in the main tank is filling down to the bottom tank then just leaking out of the man made hole in that bottom over fill tank. What could be wrong? And or need replaced. I didn't want to go through the trouble of replacing water pump if it isn't that. But you don't see any leaks from water pump

When a car is overheating it can be due to quite a few different causes. When the vehicle leaks from the overflow runoff it can be caused by a few items such as the thermostat, head gasket, radiator, or the water pump.

If the water pump is not leaking, and there are no leaks other than the overflow, this indicates the system is building too much pressure. When this happens, it causes the vehicle to dump the excess coolant like you have seen. I’d recommend having the car looked at by a qualified technician, they will be able to diagnose this overheating problem and perform any repairs required.

3. Over heating issue