Q: Over Heating Frequently

The car tends to overheat frequently and I also would like any additional information I could receive on how to keep up with the car I recently purchased?

A: Overheating is bad for the engine and if th...

Overheating is bad for the engine and if the temperature gets high enough, you'll ruin the engine (the high heat warps the head, block and manifolds causing leaks). Causes of overheating: low coolant level (due to internal or external leaks); hot exhaust gases leaking into the cooling system due to head gasket leak, bad thermostat, failing water pump, belt not driving water pump properly, wrong ignition timing, partially plugged cooling system, often the radiator passages, low engine oil level, dragging brakes. You should not drive a car once you know it is overheating because you will damage the engine. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your overheating issue for an accurate repair before any damage is done. Best of luck.