Q: Over heated

My car started to overheat last night so i pulled over and putt coolant in and it got me to where i needed it to go but then it started to steam up and mycar went hot again and then it was coolent all on the ground do i need to replacement my theromstat or get a water pump

This sounds like you have more problems than a stuck thermostat. A thermostat that is stuck closed will cause the engine to overheat within five minutes of starting the engine. The cooling fans can cause the overheating if they are not coming on for some reason. I recommend having a cooling system diagnosis to address your overheating issue and you should not drive the vehicle until you get it fixed or engine damage will happen.