Q: Over drive shuts off on interstate after 15miles

Last weekend i was moving to my new place. While had a trailer loaded wit my stuff i noticed that my overdrive shut off bout 20 miles after on interstate. Then later that night just the truck it did same thing.

A: Your overdrive uses a lock up converter tha...

Your overdrive uses a lock up converter that is supposed to lock the transmission input shaft to the engine so there is not slippage. You are not supposed to tow or carry heavy loads with the transmission in overdrive. You may have overloaded the transmission to the point that the converter lock up clutch slipped and the transmission will downshift out of overdrive when this happens. You may need to have the system tested for slippage.