Q: Out put shaft sensor

Hi my car is a Volkswagen Jetta 2007. I been driving my car with no problems. I went to Burlington to the mall for an hour or two came out to my car to leave and my engine light was on. It also wasn't showing me on my dash when I switched from park to drive or reverse ect. My cars tiptronic but I drive automatic I don't use manual. I went to abuchons for a diagnosed and I got the code po720. My speed thermometer works and I have no leaks and I can drive in automatic just fine but my manual won't shift up or down. I have no issues driving automatic at all but on my dash my gears don't work it won't show ne putting it in park or drive or anything. Does tht also have to do with the po720 code? Could it be electrical?

Hello. If you have a bad output shaft sensor then that will cause this. The computer uses this sensor information to determine the proper times to shift and how hard to shift the transmission. If the sensor is not reading right or may have read incorrectly momentarily then this will occur. I would usually check the sensor itself and then test the circuit. In some cases a sensor like this can read incorrectly if the transmission itself is failing internally. You should have this checked by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [diagnose what is causing the check engine light to come on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Out put shaft sensor