Q: Orange wrench light came on when canceling cruise now womt drive only reverse 2005 Ford Five Hundred

Just bought the car is was driving great we tried the cruise and hit ancel the car just started driving. Ad rpm jumped up and a orange wrnch came on pulled over turned car off now it will not go n drive accelerate at all but will reverse fine please help its my daughters first car and it is on sode of road

Hi there - the "orange wrench" is even more vague than "Check Engine", since it covers suggested service work as well as problems. Check for problem codes for more detailed information on what really failed. From your other symptom description, it sounds like the transmission forward clutch has failed. If your mileage is really 190,000 as your notes indicate, this may simply be the transmission failing. I recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Orange wrench light came on when canceling cruise now womt drive only reverse 2005 Ford Five Hundred