Q: Optimizing my heater

Is there any way that I get the heater to warm up quicker? Preferentially under 1 minute or even 30 seconds? It usually takes about 5 minutes on really cold mornings and I'm hoping to speed that up.

A: The heater on your vehicle works off of the...

The heater on your vehicle works off of the coolant in the radiator and engine. The reason it takes 5 minutes to get warm is simple because that is how long it takes the coolant in the engine to warm up.
I do have a few suggestions you might try. Reving up your car a bit higher than idle after start up, say 1500 - 2000 rpm’s, for a few minutes before you start driving. This will get the engine hotter faster than just driving along.
My other suggestions is maybe try a block heater. This is an electrical device used in cold climates. It is installed in the side of the engine and keeps the water warm so it doesn’t freeze. They plug right in to a regular house outlet with an extension chord. They don’t make the water hot, but it will be a bit warmer at start up so you won’t have to wait as long.