Q: Opinion on reusable air filters

Would it be beneficial to switch air filters go KNN reusable, washable filter?

Well, that depends. For the reusable ones, you’ll need to wash them, clean them, and dry them. Then you’ve got to put some oil on them. There is special oil that you use for that. If you put too much oil, and you have a hot wire MAF sensor in your vehicle, it can suck the oil, ruin the MAF sensor and cost you a fortune.

If you don’t have a hot wire MAF sensor, they are fine filters but they cost a lot and they are really a pain to clean the oil correctly. Most people just buy filters and throw them away for you when they are done. They do filter a little bit better but not all that much. If you want to have this done for you, have a mechanic from YourMechanic, replace your air filter for you.

3. Opinion on reusable air filters