Q: Opinion on converting lights to LDD

I'm thinking of converting my head lights, tail lights and fog lights to LDD. Is it worth it?

A: If you are trying to go for a cool look, th...

If you are trying to go for a cool look, then I guess it is. To be completely honest, don't waste your money on that stuff. It costs a lot of money to convert that stuff correctly. You can get cheap kits that look similar but it will burn out or won't work right. You've got to find the right kit with the right baluster system and rewire the whole thing. It is a pain.

Regular lights last so long but if you would like to mess with your tail lights, go right ahead. Nowadays they make some tail lights that are available with the LDD assembly in a bulb. You take your old bulb out and you attach the new one right into the same place. I've done this on my motorcycle. There was no modification needed at all.

However, if you are going to change head lights and fog lights, these components use lot of power and will require a good amount of rewiring. If you want to change the brake lights or parking lights, go ahead. You can find the lights like I've mentioned above, the ones that just go right in. Lots of places make those and they do pretty much last forever.

If you need assistance with the installation of your new headlights, contact a certified mechanic who can replace your lights at your own convenience.