Q: Opinion about modern Fords

What is your opinion on modern Fords? As I heard, a lot of parts are made in Germany and German cars are money pits. They always used to rust a lot years ago. I'm not sure about modern ones, the time will tell.

Germans actually have a reputation of being very good engineers, and they have made some great engineering stuff. The problem is, Mercedes are high-end vehicles so they are mainly making them for more wealthy customers. Those cars can be prone to break, but in the end they make more money fixing them by selling expensive parts.

The Ford has had Ford plants in Germany for ages and they’ve made very good cars there. If they want to share technology, there is nothing wrong in doing that.

Now, the Fords don’t rust like they used to because all modern cars are made better. When it comes to rust, they use zink-rich primer and I watched these films about factories and how they build them. They get a frame of the vehicle, and submerge it into the bath of zink-rich paint and it would be like a negative charged body and positive charged paint or maybe the other way around. So the paint would be electrically bound to the metal and that’s just the outside of the frame, but it gets into the holes and gets to the inside of the frame.

So most modern vehicles don’t rust that much. They are well built. I don’t see the rusting that I used to see on cars at all, and my mother still lives in Niagara Falls, where rust is especially prone. She has a Toyota that is ten years old and there’s not a bit of rust on it because the zink-rich primer still runs great. There is no rust at all.