Q: Opinion about leveling kits less than 2 inches on a 2007 Ford F-150 2-wheel drive

What do you think about leveling kits less than 2 inches on my O7 Ford F-150 2-wheel drive?

A: Let me tell you something, trucks are desig...

Let me tell you something, trucks are designed by engineers and Ford engineers are pretty good engineers. They are designed so that their backs are a little higher than their front for a reason and they perform better that way. You can level it if you want, but you are going against how the truck was designed. However, if you don’t carry any weight in the truck, it’s not really going to hurt anything.

The reason they designed them that way is because a lot of people utilize the bed and pile on heavy material like rocks and tools. The heightened back will balance itself down when the weight is applied. This is what you need to consider before you actually do it. If it’s a show truck and you are not pulling anything, go right ahead. If you are using the truck for functionality and carrying stuff, it’s not such a smart idea to mess around with it since you’d be counteracting with the original design.