Q: Only have reverse

bought the car for 500...guy said it dis hen it gets warm trans acts up...drove it home fine found the shift cable was broke...fixed that checked the fluids topped it off and now it only has reversent and acts as though I'm trying to pull a bus in 1-4

Hello, This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Only have reverse