Q: One window falls down in the door

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot which is mechanically sound but has a few issues with the interior/body. The biggest issue I am trying to remedy at the moment is that the passenger side front door window falls open and I'm not able to close it. My car has 45,000 miles and I need it to last a while, so I want to fix the problem at its source, not just do a quick fix and chase little glitches forever. Where do I start?

The component causing the window to fall down is the window regulator inside the door, which is most likely broken. Honda has had issues with these window regulators failing and other owners have stated that the roller material which the drive cables roll on seems too thin and flimsy. There can also be problems if you have aftermarket window tinting. The tint can cause the window to bind, or the installer may have damaged the rubber which guides the window, leading the window to bind as well. This binding can put undue stress on the window regulator, causing premature failure. For a long term fix, you would need to replace the damaged rubber, remove the tint and replace the window regulator. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your window and replace components as needed.