Q: One of my Gas tanks isn't working..

Since one of my gas tanks isn't working could it still pass the smog with only one tank working?

A: Depending on the visual inspection requirem...

Depending on the visual inspection requirements for an emissions test in your state of residence, this may or may not cause it to fail the test. This may be due to a faulty fuel tank sending unit. This is a unit inside your fuel tank that measures the level of fuel and relays this information to your truck's ECU, which then displays this in a read out on your fuel gauge. When this sending unit is bad, it can cause the fuel gauge to read incorrectly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your fuel tank.